NAMRB implements project No. BGLD-1.002-0001 “Growth by Activating Local Potential - GALOP"Funded under the Local Development, Poverty Reduction and Enhanced Inclusion of Vulnerable Groups Program of the European Economic Area (EEA) Financial Mechanism 2014-2021.
The project has a duration of 36 months and a total budget of EUR 1 200 000 (100% subsidy). The program operator of the program is Ministry of Education and Science.
The objectives of the project are in line with the strategic objectives of the European Economic Area (EEA) Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 - contributing to reducing the economic and social disparities in the EEA and enhancing bilateral links between donor and beneficiary countries through financial support in the priority sector social inclusion, youth employment and poverty reduction.
Through the NAMRB project and the Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities (KS), the aim is to create and implement sustainable models leading to improved employment opportunities and poverty reduction in small and disadvantaged settlements.
The main goal of the project is to support the socio-economic development of the disadvantaged Bulgarian municipalities by activating their local resources and potential.
Specific objectives are:
- preparation and promotion of local development strategies based on existing territorial resources;
- supporting municipalities, the non-governmental sector and businesses in the planning and implementation of projects based on these strategies;
- transfer of successful development models to other municipalities;
- proposals for regulatory changes in support of local and social innovations, contributing to the activation of municipal potential.
The stated project objectives will be achieved as planned activities by:
- research and promotion of good practices from Norway and Bulgaria;
- identifying the untapped potential of the municipalities;
- preparation of applicable strategies for effective local development and involvement of the local community, non-governmental organizations and entrepreneurs in the preparation of business plans for the implementation of the strategies;
- drawing on successful development models that are applicable in other municipalities;
- development and expansion of cooperation between local authorities aimed at promoting socio-economic progress in disadvantaged municipalities.
In addition, the project will facilitate the dissemination of good practices and create partnerships between municipalities in Bulgaria and Norway through the organization of bilateral forums, study visits and exchange of experience. The administrative and socio-economic impact of the project will also be essential. It will facilitate dialogue between local and national authorities in Bulgaria by identifying and justifying the necessary regulatory changes in favor of local socio-economic development.
For more information on the EEA FM and the Local Development, Poverty Reduction and Improved Inclusion of Vulnerable Groups program: